Federal Work-Study (FWS) is a limited funds program, so even if you meet the eligibility requirements, you may not receive a work-study offer.
For Federal Work-Study consideration:
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) via the myStudentAid app or at fafsa.ed.gov by March 1 for the upcoming academic year.
- Answer "Yes" to the question on your FAFSA that asks if you are interested in being considered for work-study. Even if you are not 100% sure, it is better to choose "Yes" just in case than choose "Don't Know."
- You must have sufficient financial need (determined by information provided on your FAFSA as well as other financial aid your receive).
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress for financial aid eligibility.
- Since FWS is a limited funds program, offers are contingent on available funding and are not guaranteed.